Female Support Worker - Llanelli
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Are you considering entering a fun and exciting career working as a Support Worker for Mencap? If so, here`s the perfect job for you! We are currently seeking to recruit a Female Support Worker to join our passionate and committed team in Llanelli, Wales on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a delightful team of people who consistently strive to challenge attitudes and influence those who can help us change the lives of people with a Learning Disability. This is so we can help those that we support live as independently as possible in a Supported Living environment and to ensure they gain full access to the community.
We have two positions available - one 37-hour role and one 30-hour role. Both roles include the successful candidate to work possible sleep ins and waking nights.
Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements.
- Assisting with full personal care
- Administering medication
- Updating support plan
- Accurately keeping notes of any changes within the people we support
- Assist in gaining access to the community
- Assisting with general household tasks
- Participating in recreational activities
You will be supporting a number of individuals with a learning disability within this service to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from cooking and cleaning, to going to the supermarket or taking part in fun leisure activities. You will help them to lead the life they choose. We focus on person centred support, tailored to individual`s needs.
To find out more about some of the people we support in this service, please click on the pink `Additional Information` button below to read through our One Page Profiles. Reviewing these will help you to answer our application questions successfully during the application process.
- A full and valid UK drivers licence
- Ideally 21 years or older due to insurance purposes when driving a mobility vehicle
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to complete paperwork
The team you will be joining are friendly and welcoming, with a supportive and encouraging Manager who is eager for their staff to advance in the best way possible. We are looking for someone with a `can-do` attitude, who is enthusiastic, caring, strongly motivated, outgoing and has a calm demeanour when needed. The people we support require their Support Workers to have a genuine interest in assisting them to live as independently as possible.
Does this sound like you? If yes, then we would love to hear from you! Please click the pink `Apply` button to complete the application process.
*This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
Job Reference: 9154
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract