Specialist Clinical Pharmacist- Chiswick Outpatients Centre
3 days left
- Full Time
About The Facility
Opening under The Harley Street Clinic, The Chiswick Outpatient Centre will have a wide range of healthcare services and aims to meet the needs of the local community.
We're particularly focused on families and offer the full suite of children's services in a modern, child-friendly environment.
A dedicated paediatric consulting suite will contain consulting rooms, play and breast-feeding areas and access to world-leading consultants with on-site tests and treatment rooms.
The Chiswick Outpatient Centre will provide patients with faster and more convenient access to health services within the local community. Bringing together the expertise of leading consultants across 15 specialities, Chiswick's residents will benefit from expert healthcare without having to travel into London.
The Senior Clinical Pharmacist will manage and co-ordinate the day to day responsibilities within the outpatient Dispensary in order to provide a high quality service to all clinical areas of the Chiswick Outpatient Centre. The post-holder will deliver an efficient and effective, quality driven, pharmacy service to consistently meet the needs of all service users to the highest possible standard.
Salary between £43,801 and £49,901 plus HCA benefits
Working hours 37.5 per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deal with all clinical queries from the clinics within the centre (includes a variety of specialties such as paediatrics, women's health, orthopaedics , dermatology)
- Develop clinical skills in cardiac and surgery in order to provide cover to the wards where necessary
- To work alongside the patient services pharmacy technician to ensure services are provided to all areas of the clinic.
- Provide a comprehensive clinical pharmaceutical service to patients, staff and practitioners including prescription monitoring, provision of drug information, evidence based practice and patient counselling.
- To work alongside consultants within the clinic and provide pharmaceutical advice where required.
- To promote the active involvement of Pharmacy within the multidisciplinary team.
- To contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and setting standards aimed at improving the effectiveness, safety & efficiency of clinical pharmacy services and clinical services within the centre.
- To ensure that hospital policies relating to medicine use are actively promoted/implemented and actively promote the safe use of medicines at all times.
- To liaise closely with other Pharmacy staff (at the Harley Street Clinic) to ensure that appropriate pharmaceutical supplies are made to wards.
- To establish links with other Clinical Pharmacists to benchmark medicines use and promote good networking practices.
- To rotate between the pharmacy dispensaries at the Devonshire Outpatients clinic and The Harley street clinic for rotations as specified by lead clinical pharmacist and pharmacy manager.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of hospital pharmacy
- Experience across a wide range of clinical pharmacy practice
- Dispensary experience
- Master's Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Registered member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
About The Individual
You will have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity and effectiveness at all levels. You will retain composure in demanding situations and demonstrate a customer centric approach at all times.