Estates Building Surveyor
2 days left
- Full Time
Estates Building Surveyor required to join a leading National TFM provider within the MOD framework. Girling Jones require an Estates Building Surveyor to join a business focusing on the ministry of defence estate. This is a diverse position, offering an Estates Building Surveyor the chance to work on varied properties, from leased residential property and commercial sites through to listed buildings. You will be joining a structured business, with a proven history within the MOD Estates Management realm.
Your New Position
Reporting to the Building Services Engineer, the Estates Building Surveyor will join a busy team of in-house development professionals that perform a variety of asset management functions and support the delivery of capital works programmes. The role shall require the successful individual to use and build on their experience, technical and commercial skills to ensure the highest standards for all surveying, designing and related capital programme requirements are successfully delivered.
- Undertake a full range of Building Surveying duties, with particular emphasis on pre-development surveying, planning and design.
- Provide expert advice, surveys and reports on building condition, dilapidation, and asset replacement programmes to meet annual schedules, capital works and operational demands.
- Work closely with Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers and external consultants to develop Employer`s Requirements documents, designs and specifications, filling the role of Principal Designer / Designer as required.
- Develop a range of standard specifications for inclusion on capital works which meet through life requirements and experiences.
- Regularly assess and address the quality of the consultant teams appointed in order to meet the demanding standards expected of ourselves and others.
- To subject all areas of responsibility to continuous review with the objective of identifying and implementing improvement and cost saving measures.
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant demonstrable experience in building surveying covering a broad, in depth, practical and managerial surveying role and responsibilities in a similar environment.
- Excellent demonstrable understanding of building techniques and detailing, covering a varied spectrum of periods and uses.
- Ability to understand, communicate and implement technical solutions to building problems.
- Excellent demonstrable understanding of CDM Regulations and the roles within.
- MOD and / or other public sector experience highly desirable.
- Commercially astute, with a working knowledge of the JCT and NEC suites of contract.
- Confidence to challenge convention, supported by ability and desire to improve practices.
- Computer literate, including experience working in MS Office, NBS software and Autodesk products. Experience of proprietary asset management software desirable.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Degree level qualification, or equivalent, in building surveying.
- Membership of RICS and / or CIOB preferred.
What you'll get in return
In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.