Senior Quantitative Analyst/Financial Modeller
Our client is a global bank, who is achieving fantastic growth and success. Due to this growth they are searching for a Senior Quantitative Analyst/Financial Modeller to join their highly skilled Financial Crime Global Risk Analytics function in Edinburgh.
The Senior Quantitative Analyst/Financial Modeller is part of the global team responsible for the governance and management of Model Risk within the bank. The Senior Quantitative Analyst/Financial Modeller role provides support to the Global Head of Model Risk Governance in the implementation of global strategy and vision for Model Risk governance across the Group. This includes responsibility for the following key aspects:
• Management of Global Model Inventory, including system management, upgrades and enhancement projects;
• Support the model on-boarding and updates by the Model Owners;
• Development and implementation of data quality standards and controls, including review and challenge of the Model Inventory completeness;
• Development of appropriate and meaningful model inventory reports to the Model Oversight Committees, Risk Management Committees, Model Owners, Model Users and Senior Management;
• Alignment of Model Inventory with the Global Model Risk Policy requirements and necessary requirements from the business/functions, Independent Model Review team, Internal Audit team, External Auditors, and Regulators;
• Awareness, training and communication of Model Inventory, Model Risk Governance and Policy requirements across the Group to support the implementation of requirements and full utilisation of the Global Model Inventory;
• Support the development of appropriate Global Model Risk Governance Framework, Standards and Policy;
• Support the production of holistic model risk reporting to understand the bank’s model risk appetite and provide insights to Senior Management;
• Help in the establishment of a Model Risk Steward function to support Group, Regions, Large Countries, Lines of Business, and Functions
• Degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
• Previous experience in model development, monitoring, validation, and/or model risk governance and policy development.
• Proven leadership and project management skills and the ability to exercise leadership.
• Previous banking experience or banking knowledge.
• Understanding of current and emerging regulatory developments and trends on modelling, model risk governance and model risk management (preferred).
• Risk and/or Regulatory reporting knowledge especially using Cognos will be an advantage.
• Ability to prioritise competing demands and demonstrate flexibility to meet dynamic requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantitative Analyst/Financial Modeller to work for an industry leading, dynamic and forward thinking organization, offering excellent progression and development opportunities.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in the role of Senior Quantitative Analyst/Financial Modeller then please apply now for immediate consideration.