Part Time Accounts Assistant
A fast growing business in the retail industry is seeking to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant for their finance function, to help manage the day-to-day accounting entries.
This role will suit somebody with a minimum of 2 years experience and excellent Sage line 50 experience across companies with departments or divisions.
• Maintain sales and purchase ledger
• Bank reconciliations
• Cash Reconciliation
• Preparing suppliers payments
• Good PC skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Knowledge and experience of using Xero accounting software
• Good time management and ability to prioritise; Ability to work under pressure, and to deadline
• Preparing weekly reports Administration and other duties as required
• Recording and reconciling companies credit card/petty cash.
• Posting and Processing staff expenses .
• Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years’ experience as a Bookkeeper /Assistant Accountant.
• Ideal candidates will have previous accounts experience either in an Accountancy practice or in industry where the company was part of a group or was split departmentally, and multi-site experience is advantageous.
• Part Qualified level or actively studying towards accountancy.
• Experienced in Xero (essential) and Sage implementation skills an advantage.
Personal qualities required:
• Enthusiastic and proactive.
• Quick learner.
• Good work ethic.
• Team player.
• Desire to develop a career with a growing firm.
• Friendly and helpful disposition.
• Flexible and adaptable attitude - able to deal with changing priorities.
• Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.