- Full Time
Job Title: Java Developer
Location: Kentish Town, NW London
Java Developer needed to assist in developing core products.
• Java (required)
• Linux (required)
• PostgreSQL (required)
*Knowledge of Objective-C would be a bonus.
Attributes sought after:
• Excellent self organisational skills and especially time management
• Ability to focus on the business goals of the development concentrating on client requirements
• Ability to work in a structured development environment with an existing code base
• An aptitude for quality work and ability to achieve a high level of 'finish'
• You need to provide convincing evidence that you can develop software to high standards. A university degree in
computer science and documented contributions to public free/open source software projects are not essential
but would be advantageous.
The main task for the Java Developer will be writing Java web-based software in a Linux environment. The applications are data-intensive and therefore a very good knowledge of SQL is essential.
This role will suit a Java Developer who can concentrate on goals and estimate required effort and time accurately. You will work with highly experienced experts in the field of high-volume, high-resilience and high-security software. Even if you already have attained high proficiency in Java development, you will likely be challenged having to continuously provide market-leading innovative products to the clients.