Senior Digital Communications Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
CHP are investing for a healthier future. We help make patients better by building healthy spaces where NHS staff can work even more effectively. We use our specialist expertise for planning, getting the best commercial deals for both patients and taxpayers and, design and deliver award-winning buildings.
We are wholly owned by the Department of Health (DH), we have a strong track record of supporting the NHS family by offering a unique blend of investment, property management and strategic estate planning expertise. 100% owned gives our investments an added edge; we invest on behalf of patients and you, the taxpayer so we’re more than careful how we do business.
Main Purpose of Your Role
Support the Communications Team deliver a wide range of integrated communication, focusing on digital implementation, that raises CHP’s profile and builds on its positive reputation as the organisation that continues to offer specialist planning and investment expertise, maximising limited public finance to deliver outstanding health buildings and value for money.
You will have day-to-day responsibility for the implementation of our digital communications work programme (social media presence and web content/delivery). The immediate task is to drive and project manage a revamp of our website, working with our retained agency to implement a fresh look and feel, working closely with all service functions to update and create engaging content.
We embrace innovative ways to communicate; at CHP we have three apps including our latest, buzz, which is exclusively for staff and allows them to connect, collaborate and create conversations and stories. We have a potential four app in the pipeline.
The role of the senior digital communications officer is crucial to improving, maintaining and enhancing the credibility and good reputation of our organisation. You will also support the Communications Director and Head of Communications in all aspects of communications and organisational development delivery, as required.
This is a fixed term post based in London and will provide digital communications support across the company and individual service functions and across the four regions - North, Midlands, London and South.
1. Contributing to the delivery of a responsive and professional communications and engagement service; developing high quality solutions that not only meet but aims to exceed expectations, ensure that quality standards are understood and met, and problem solve as issues arise.
2. Providing digital communications advice, acting as an advocate for digital skills development in the company.
3. Undertaking research such as communications audits and understanding stakeholder needs/satisfaction, as required.
4. Analysing and interpreting complex information - including information from DH, internal reports, external reports, new policy and legislation - and presenting this in an understandable and engaging format for online audiences including patients and members of the public
5. Organising and project managing digital communications delivery as part of our overall integrated marketing campaigns and events, contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of integrated communications strategies and campaigns, and digital strategies to support our business needs and objectives.
6. Building and maintaining robust relationships with stakeholders that make a positive contribution to increasing public confidence in the company
7. Contributing to the performance monitoring and overall effectiveness of the communications and engagement service; ensuring their own work directly contributes to business objectives.
8. Working closely with external agencies e.g. brand and web designers, to deliver commissioned projects, ensuring work is completed against brief and to a high quality standard, reporting progress and issues to the Head of Communications/Communications Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Application
• Educated to relevant degree level or equivalent
• Relevant postgraduate professional qualification ideally in digital communications/marketing or similar field
• 3-4 years’ communication/engagement experience with a track record in delivery of digital/social in a complex organisation
• Communications delivery with a focus on content development and knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO)
• Advanced practical experience of website content management and digital communications
• Experience of HTML writing and troubleshooting
• Experience of working in a complex organisational and political environment
• Demonstrable track record of creating and sub-editing information simply and clearly in an engaging style in an online environment
• Success in delivering the key accountabilities as set out in this job description
• Up to date knowledge of all relevant digital marketing communication activities, channels and tools
• Strong working knowledge of HTML, website CMS, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Understanding of the NHS, its system reform agenda and government policy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent digital skills including websit