Regional Account Manager - Biotech Industry - £133k OTE
Regional Account Manager / Field Sales / Area Sales / Account Manager / Business Development Manager / Sales Executive / UK / Benelux / LS CapX Sales / Molecular Biology / Biochemistry / Biotech / Capital Equipment / £133k OTE
Regional Account Manager with 5+ years proven field sales experience and a degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar is needed for our client, a leading global biotech company specialising in the development of cancer diagnostics tools. The company's technology enables a wide variety of basic research, translational medicine and in vitro diagnostics applications.
They are looking for a successful Regional Account Manager to provide strategic direction and tactical focus within the assigned territory. As this role requires Field Sales, there are Nationwide opportunities available.
You will be responsible for identifying and establishing relationships with new customer accounts for the sale of capital equipment and pilot projects leading to instrument sales. You will work closely with the Life Sciences commercial teams including Field Application Scientists, Regional Project Specialists, Regional Marketing and Inside Sales to ensure successful partnering to achieve territory revenue goals.
- Establishing relationships with new accounts and securing sales with new customers
- Driving the entire capital equipment sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closing sales
- Prospecting for potential customers using various direct methods such as cold calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking and partnering with Field Application Scientists and Inside Sales Reps
- Qualifying prospects against company criteria for ideal customers
- Consulting with customers about business challenges and requirements
- Working with technical and marketing product specialists where required to address customer requirements
- Developing and maintaining key account plans that identify opportunities for the company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales
- Highly effective CRM management
- Cultivating strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers
- Partner with Marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns
- Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers
- Identify sales support requirements and work with marketing to develop improved sales tools
- MSc or BSc degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field (laboratory experience preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years' field sales experience with a proven track record of success
- A strong understanding and familiarity with gene expression technologies including qPCR, microarray analysis and Next Generation Sequencing
- Ability to travel 40-70% of the time (territory dependent)
- Ability to create and deliver highly effective presentations
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to participate in the growth and success of the commercial team.
- Effective organisational and administration skills including CRM and process documentation experience with a focus on accuracy and efficiency
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to effectively participate in cross functional teams to launch new products or investigate customer issues
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000 per annum, plus uncapped commission up to £63k
- OTE up to £133k
- Competitive Benefits
- Stock Options
- Variable Comp, and more
- Nationwide opportunities
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration.