Financial Controller needed for a global media group based in the heart of London. This is a fantastic opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact on a growing finance function. The group boasts some of the biggest brands in the world as clients and are in a period of high growth. This role would be ideal for someone looking to take their first step into industry from practice.
- Assisting the Central team with the delivery of month end reporting
- Review of divisional finance reporting submissions and report to the Central FD
- Driving the finance agenda through delivery of a number of projects
- Supporting the UK Shared Service team and the migration strategy
- Increasing automation - including automated expenses module, purchase order functionality
- Month end reporting
- Standardising and harmonisation of month end reporting.
- Improving the timeliness of the close process.
- Increased use of TM1
- Establish a KPI framework
- Improving the level of financial control.
- Ensure that financial controls are sufficiently robust for the pace of growth and change which the business is experiencing currently and faces in the future.
- Increasing focus on cash flow and working capital
- Establishing appropriate risk identification and mitigation framework
- Cost control agenda
- Working with Treasury on the simplification of the banking estate
- Assisting with tax/compliance projects
- Driving the integration of acquisitions
- Maximising readiness for the commencement of a global system implementation (expected 2018)
- Recognised Accounting Qualification - Preferably ACA
- Significant commitment to team delivery
- Highly motivated by change
- Highly Proactive
- Prepared to 'roll up sleeves/ learn from the ground up'
- Go-getter/ someone with initiative to ask the right questions and to want to be busy
- Strong project management
- Strong and professional communicator
- Accommodate tight deadlines, whilst working under pressure.
- Sense of humour
- Confident and influential within finance team and across the business
- Creative & positive attitude at all times
- Flexible approach to work and workload
- Open and honest approach at all times
- Customer focused (both external and internal customers)
- Looking out across finance and the business for weaknesses, risks and opportunities
If you feel you have the experience listed above and are looking for the next step in your finance career, please apply today or send your CV through