Fertility Marketing Graduate
Division: Fertility, Endocrinology & General Medicine Business Unit
Salary: £10 per hour - £350 per week
Term: 12 months - Monday 16th October 2017 -12th October 2018
Hours: Full-time 35 hours
Location: Middlesex, Feltham (Piccadilly line- West London)
Deadline: Monday 14th August 2017, 10am
Merck is looking for young and ambitious graduates who are hungry to succeed. This is a role that grows with the candidate, the more you're willing to give in terms of high quality work the more you're going to get in return; increasingly high profile projects and responsibilities.
At Merck we want to support your growth both personally and professionally, giving you access to training, expertise and the experience required to succeed in today's corporate Healthcare landscape.
Merck are continuing their programme offering 5 exciting opportunities within their organisation, this particular internship will be a role based in their Fertility, Endocrinology & General Medicine Business Unit.
- Support delivery of the Fertility Marketing tactical plan as agreed with Head of Marketing
- Fertility promotional & patient material development and delivery via multiple channels including Digital
- Creation and management of promotional and patient materials through ZINC system to ensure compliance with ABPI & ABHI code of practice as appropriate
- Gain customer insights to inform development of customer focused materials
- Collaboration with all members of the cross functional team to deliver against agreed projects, including Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Business Insights, Finance and Compliance
- This department offers structured support and development for graduates in a very exciting and fast moving therapy area.
Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life - from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
Founded in 1668, Merck is the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck, Darmstadt, Germany holds the global rights to the Merck name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.
Benefits of working for Merck
- A fantastic opportunity to learn and develop your skills
- Support your growth both personally and professionally
- Merck will give you access to training, expertise and the experience required to succeed in today's corporate Healthcare landscape.
- The potential to travel across the UK and Europe
The Ideal Candidate
Educated to degree level in any subject but anything relevant would be particularly desirable.
- Passion for marketing, healthcare, science and consumer behaviours
- Creative, innovative & proactive in offering solutions to problems
- Collaborates well with others
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Ability to work with multiple IT systems including Microsoft PowerPoint, word & excel, Outlook
- Applicants should apply with their most up to date CV only, no cover letter required at this stage.
- All CVs will be filtered and screened by the University of London's Recruitment Team week commencing 7th August 2017.
- Once the recruitment team at the University have filtered and screened all the applications; they will call all the suitable applicants over the phone. Unfortunately due to the high number of applications that we receive, we can only call the most suitable candidates.
- All of the successful candidates will be notified of the application process by the 18th August 2017.
- Candidates Successful for the Interview stage will be notified by the end of August.
- Interviews will take place Tuesday 5th September.
All applications for all of the Graduate vacancies at Merck will be managed by the University of London, Internship team. Therefore, if you have any problems with applying or questions regarding the placement, Merck ask that you contact the University of London Internships team directly. Any candidates that contact Merck directly may be missed in the application process.