IT Helpdesk Agent - 1st Line
2 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: IT Helpdesk Agent - 1st Line (epositive)
Job Purpose: Supporting members using Epositive Store Solutions and NTnet
Reports to: IT Helpdesk Team Leader / IT Helpdesk Manager
Contract: Fixed term, initial 6 months
Salary: £18,000 + Benefits
Previous applicants need not apply.
Key Result Areas:
The IT Helpdesk Agent 1st Line role is to deliver support to end users in the membership. This will involve troubleshooting and fixing a variety of bespoke IT systems including Epositive and Nisa’s own broadband NTnet. Full training will be provided for this role.
• Technical ability.
• Proven troubleshooting and problem solving ability ideally in a helpdesk environment.
• Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner.
• Knowledge of EPOS a bonus.
Specific Areas of Work:
• Field incoming calls from end users
• Perform detailed troubleshooting to identify cause of issues
• Follow standard-operating-procedures to apply fixes where possible
• Seek guidance or escalate issues to other members of the IT team when problems cannot be resolved
• Fully document all details of the issue using the helpdesk system
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders
• Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organisation
• Create articles and documents for the helpdesk Wiki to assist in problem resolution and knowledge sharing
• Balance workload between new calls received, existing workload and escalated calls
• Support the internal IT helpdesk as required
• Required to work 7am to 11pm on a rota basis including out of hours on-call.
Job Skills and Competencies
• Ability to communicate verbally in a clear and effective way.
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing and using data.
• Ability to demonstrate different communication strategies to suit particular circumstances.
• Ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the business.
Please click 'Apply' to continue.