Travel Training Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Travel Training Manager
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Salary: Starting salary between £27,000 and £30,000
We are seeking a passionate and driven individual to join our team in the role of Travel Training Manager, covering South Essex and neighbouring areas.
The Travel Training Manager is critical in ensuring all young people and adults with SEN and disabilities are given the opportunity to learn how to travel independently to access everyday activities, such as education, employment or training. It is vital that young people and adults can access education and employment opportunities to maximise their future potential and reduce spend in key areas of Local Authority spend (e.g. home to school transport or social care).
The role will be responsible for managing and supporting the Travel Training team; which is currently composed of thirteen remote workers. The post holder will manage a portion of these within a defined area.
They will lead on the delivery and promotion of independent Travel Training for the Education Transport & Awards team across the County of Essex (and beyond) and ensure excellent relationships are fostered, both internally and externally, to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
Some of the role specific accountabilities include:
- To manage the Travel Training team within a defined area of Essex and beyond for contracts that the Local Authority holds to deliver Travel Training services. The postholder will also be required to train and mentor any new staff within the team, as required.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of both Travel Trainers and clients undertaking travel training and ensure that the appropriate risk assessments are completed. Relevant safeguarding practise for staff and students must continue to be included as part of this responsibility.
- To Travel Train students and adults, and ensure all relevant stakeholders are advised by Travel Trainers that you manage when training objectives have been achieved, or the trainer considers that a successful outcome cannot be realised.
- Manage out of County and private referrals, ensuring referral processes are strictly adhered to and continue to generate and seek income from this work stream.
- Liaise and foster excellent relationships with bus and train companies in the local area
- To organise, manage and facilitate promotional events and training for stakeholders and relevant interested parties; including Try a Train and Try a Bus days across Essex and in other counties.
- To attend conferences and meetings, locally and nationally, to represent the Travel Training team, presenting as required. This will include workshops, talks in schools and colleges, presentations to social care teams and other organisations.
- Any other duties as would be reasonably required of the role.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.