Lead PHP Developer - Leading Cloud Security Platform - Up to £80K - Canary Wharf, London
5 days left
- Full Time
My client is a Cloud Security Platform who is looking for a Lead PHP Developer to join their growing team. They provide a cloud-based cyber security awareness platform that helps businesses to improve cyber security behaviour, visualise human factor vulnerability and reduce cyber risk.
- Lead the team of in-house and outsourced developers
- Overall responsibility for the company website and mobile apps
- Collaborate with the wider team & customers to understand the customer journey and measure their success.
- Build prototypes to express what’s needed.
- Write clean, tested and documented code.
- Manage all stages of the development cycle, from conception to production
- Measure and analyse the performance of the code - make it faster, smarter, more efficient. Blend this analysis with customer success metrics.
- Collaborate in all team meetings; be ready to challenge assumptions and offer alternatives to break through obstacles
Your experience and skills:
- You’ll spend most of your time working on the core company application, which is built using CakePHP.
- Structured, disciplined and rigorous approach to development - including architecture planning and testing (both manual and automated)
- Object oriented development using PHP - experience working with MVC frameworks to build secure online systems
- Strong understanding of MySQL
- Version control using Git
- An eye for design - someone who can take designs and implement them perfectly
- Leadership - capability to work with and lead a team of developers, taking ownership of the company software products and for delivering the required outcomes
- Building and integrating into third party REST APIs.
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services - in particular services such as Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, CodeCommit, CodePipeline and IAM.
- Experience using CakePHP framework
- Understanding of Python and experience using Django framework would be a bonus.
- Understanding of third party machine learning and AI tools such as IBM’s Watson.
- Understanding / experience of appropriate project management tools and methodologies