Independent Reviewing Officer x3
4 days left
- Full Time
As an Independent Reviewing Officer your core duties will include:
- Chairing looked after children and young people’s reviews.
- Involving the child or young person in their review.
- Ensuring the Care Plan is SMART and being delivered.
- Chairing child sexual exploitation and missing meetings for looked after children and young people.
- Quality assurance, monitoring and auditing role.
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent supervision.
- Stability within a dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
Laurence House, Catford, London, SE6 4RU
What we’re looking for
Qualified and experienced social workers with at least 5 years experience in statutory children’s social work, including management experience.
A professional with the ability to challenge constructively within a framework of strong working relationships to help deliver excellent outcomes for children.
A desire to use your skills to improve outcomes for looked after children and young people.
An ability to manage meetings that enable participation from children and parents as well as the multi agency partnership to create SMART plans.
In return, we’ll offer excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that includes a career average pension scheme, flexible working and the opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
Lewisham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The post is subject to DBS.
For a full job description and person specification, and to apply, please scroll down to download the job description and person spec.
The Council reserves the right to close adverts early if there is a large response.