Sous Chef, New Restaurant, Permanent
Season Seafood and Grill are looking for a Sous Chef to join their friendly kitchen team. After a very successful first eight months, we find ourselves in the top 50 Norfolk restaurants (of over 2000) on Tripadvisor and just off the top spot for Wells-Next-The-Sea due to our superb customer reviews. Being fully booked nearly every night well in advance we feel the time is right to extend our opening hours from the current four and a half days, for this, we need two new team members.
The foundation of our success is using top quality, locally sourced produce, fresh seafood directly from the Wells fishing fleet, a great menu created and brought to life by the award winning Head Chef Jeremy Parke and his talented team and the outstanding customer service from the front of house team, all offered in a beautiful setting overlooking Wells-Next-The-Sea Harbour.
In this permanent Sous Chef position, there are no split shifts while working in the brand new spacious state of the art kitchen and you'll have the potential to develop your skills and progress within the business. There will be a second level added to the restaurant this coming winter which will offer stunning views across the harbour and more than double the seating capacity.
As the Sous Chef your duties would include:
- Working closely with the Head Chef to learn the menu ().
- Managing the kitchen and staff in the Head Chefs absence.
- Adhering to procedures to ensure the kitchen runs efficiently.
- Ensuring food, hygiene and safety policies are followed at all times.
- Helping to develop more junior Chefs.
The ideal Sous Chef would have:
- The experience of working as a Sous Chef in a commercial kitchen.
- A flair and love of producing high-quality meals from fresh produce.
- The confidence to lead the kitchen team in the Head Chefs absence.
- A team mentality to work well with kitchen and front of house staff/managers.
- The ambition to progress into a Head Chef role as the business expands to other venues.
In return, you will receive a salary of between £22,000 and £30,000 dependant on skills and experience, plus a performance related bonus and a share of tips. There is a travel allowance if you live over a certain distance away.
The salary is based on a 48 hour week (4 X 12-hour shifts and 3 days off or 3 X 12 hour shifts and 2 X 6-hour shifts with 2 days off) the business is also open to considering a chef who would love this job but would prefer part time hours.