Business Development Manager - Road Freight - London or Midlands.
1 day left
- Full Time
Salary is circa £50,000 In addition commission will be paid of 10% of GP for the first 12 months of trading then 2.5% on existing business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a logistics global market leader, a great opportunity to get in the door of a company who currently employ more than 13 thousand people in over 350 locations across 60 countries.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
To develop and increase the sales of the Road Freight product with special emphasis on the UK to Ireland route in line with the projected targets. To provide account management support to the customers and branch. To develop customer base in line with company objectives. Support sales activities in other areas of the company as required as part of the sales team Report sales progress within the Company CRM system.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities towards achieving agreed targets including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
2. Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory according to an agreed market development strategy.
3. Manage pricing and margins according to agreed targets.
4. Retain existing business in line with objectives.
5. Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems.
6. Support local and national marketing initiatives.
7. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant feedback, reports and information.
8. Report according to systems and requirements.
9. Communicate and negotiate internally and externally to support the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
10. Represent the Company at meetings and presentations as necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
Key Result Areas:
1. Achieving new business sales targets. 2. Retention of existing business in line with specified targets
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.