Mechanical Estimator / Design Engineer
Our client specialises in the design and manufacture of pressure vessels, tanks, pipework and general mechanical engineering. Operating from facilities in Hull, the business delivers workshop based build projects and on site installation and shutdown work.
Due to a restructure the business now requires a competent and dynamic individual to drive the business forward. Qualified with a mechanical degree level or similar, the ideal candidate will possess proven ability and the necessary technical and commercial skills to deliver successfully from conception to completion on a range of projects.
Candidates must have CAD experience and be conversant with welding procedures. Knowledge of mechanical fabrication and production processes are also critical, as is a positive attitude and can do mentality.
• Design and manufacturing to the appropriate standards
• Drawing and design
• Weld procedures, qualifications and welder records.
• Company representation & increasing client base
• Manage workshop and site operations
Finance & Purchasing
• Manage job and budget ensuring forecast profit margin is achieved
• Sales and purchasing
• Review and manage enquiries
• Prepare quotations, including materials, labour and costs
• Maintain contact with existing and potential customers
• Comply to the company’s ISO registered quality system
• Assist with audits as required
Health & Safety
• Day to day management of the company’s SHEQ system
• Prepare risk assessments and safe methods of work
• Liaise with HSE and consultants wherever necessary
• Site supervision when necessary
• Responsible for arranging insurance inspections
• Manage Subcontractors
If you feel that you have the necessary skills to apply for this role then we want to hear from you.
Samcra Resourcing are an outsourced CV screening company, our clients like to make sure that they are only dealing with relevant applications however please be assured that once you pass the screening process you will be informed of the hiring company and it will be the hiring manager dealing with your application directly.