Blackwaters is recruiting a Head of FP&A for a growing construction group based in Surrey.
This a new role supporting the Divisional Financial Controller, the role has specific F P & A remit and will provide financial support in modelling, analysing, challenging and reviewing project appraisals and performance on an on-going and ad hoc basis. This includes :-
- Assist the operations team, creating and assessing viabilities and scenario analysis
- Production and maintenance of monthly commercial review once projects become 'live’. This will involve close working relationships with the Sales & Marketing, Development, Commercial and Operational teams.
- Deliver the annual strategy, budgeting and quarterly performance review financial outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- 'Own' and update template models for both initial project appraisal and ongoing site monitoring
- Assist the Financial Controller in the advancement of accounting policies and procedures for the reporting of development contracts.
- Year End support to wider Finance team as required
- Monitoring and tracking actual and forecast Sales & Marketing spend on a monthly basis.
- Support in monitoring and tracking project spends including relative performance of projects and identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- Provide accurate re-forecasts for re-forecast & budget monitoring purposes.
As well as the above you will be responsible for the continued development and mentoring of the Systems
Strong communication skills will be a must, understanding the key drivers of the business plan and how to action accordingly.
You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with management experience as well as strong FP&A background - ideally with some construction/development exposure.
Advanced excel is a pre-requisite.