Contracts Manager - Fleet Services
Network Public Sector have been retained by our client to source an experienced Contracts Manager to work in Fleet Services
Successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day running and management of a major fleet contract.
This individual will be a hands on fleet manager, however, will have previously held a role of mechanic and have vehicle workshop stores experience.
To take overall control of the vehicle fleet and workshop to not only ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly within budgets but also to develop relationships with the customer by advising on and resolving transport related issues to add value to the contract.
Public sector experience would be a distinct advantage.
Day to day responsibilities include:
Ensuring that inspection, servicing and repairs are carried out as per the contract, working with the Fleet Desk Manager
Ensuring that operators and maintenance providers are aware of their obligations under the contract or SLA
To ensure that vehicles are correctly maintained within budgets
To speedily resolve any issues arising from maintenance
Liaise with suppliers to pursue warranty claims, organise warranty repairs and resolve service/parts supply issues, arranging replacement vehicles as necessary.
You will be responsible for attendance at meetings both internally and with customers, preparation of monthly KPI reports and staff training and supervision.
Successful applicant will possess:
- a recognised vehicle engineering qualification, i.e City and Guilds MV Technicians parts 1,2,3, and can demonstrate mechanical experience with light and heavy vehicles
- Three years minimum contract management experience.
- Membership of IRTEC or similar organisation
- Hold recognised IOSH Health and Safety management qualification
- Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) National
- Full UK driving licence essential, LGV category C advantageous