Finance Manager/Head of Finance
Finance Manager / Head of Finance
Permanent, full-time contract but part time/flexible hours will be considered
We are looking for a dynamic Finance Manager / Head of Finance who will lead the operational finance function and also structure, create and maintain financial processes throughout the organisation. Managing a team of three, we desire someone who has previous hands-on experience in a small/medium sized organisation.
Being a people-focused organisation, we require someone who can complement managing a finance department, with coaching and developing non-finance staff to understand the importance and benefits of these processes, and how to use financial information to better manage their departments. This is an important part of the role.
You will work with our senior leadership team to provide strategic financial expertise to create a fit for purpose finance department and robust financial stewardship. Through your leadership, we will be in possession of financial information and insight that can drive future developments and build on our achievements to date.
We deliver charitable services and support for 30,000 students at the London School of Economics and University of the Arts London. We employ over 80 permanent staff, 300 student staff, thousands of volunteers, at 14 sites across London.
Our collective turnover is circa £9 million. The unions have two main sources of income - an annual grant from the University and income generated through trading services such as bars, coffees shops and retail.
We are keen to encourage:
* applications from black and minority ethnic applicants,
* applicants with private sector and/or commercial experience and
* applicants returning from a career break,
to continue to diversify and include all groups in our organisation.
We would consider supporting professional qualifications and part-time/flexible work for the right candidate.
* 25 days holidays per year to 30 days of annual leave after 5 years
* Up to 6 additional days at Christmas and Easter closure periods
* Enrolment into the pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Free LSE Students’ Union gym membership, advice from dedicated professionals
* Wide range of activities including yoga classes, dance classes, pilates classes
* Cycle to Work scheme enabling significant savings on bicycle purchase and
ability to spread the cost
* Travel loans enabling savings on travel card costs
* NUS Extra card discounts and a range of other offers for going out, London
dining and everyday essentials
* Access to university training and services - counselling and careers advice
Our ideal candidate will:
* Possess a professional financial qualification and/or be qualified by experience.
* Have significant hands-on experience running a finance department in a
* Have transferable experience in a commercial or charity sector organisation.
We run a number of commercial enterprises such as shops, cafes and bars.
* Be proactive in their approach and an advocate for sharing finance knowledge.
* Be team oriented in approach and an ability to work with a diverse group of
people including commercial staff, suppliers, software consultants and
University finance teams.
* Have a coaching/mentoring approach and the ability to provide support to both
our student leaders and staff.
* Have a proven track record in providing meaningful interpretation and analysis
of financial information to inform strategic business and performance decisions.
The closing date for applications is 31st July, 2017 with interviews provisionally scheduled for early August.