aspire cambridge ltd are currently recruiting for an experienced MANUFACTURING ENGINEER looking to work with an expanding company in Suffolk with fantastic career prospects.
The main focus of the role is to plan, design, set up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes in order to produce high quality products in a timely and efficient manner using the most cost-effective methods and processes.
• Participating in the development and operation of the ECR system to drive continuous improvement
• Providing continuous technical support on the production floor
• Production released Bill of Material (BOM) accuracy
• Development, maintenance and update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
• Able to build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders and departments
• Participate in the NPD process to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result by adhering to the Staged Gate process and using Design For Manufacturing (DFM) techniques
• Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones based on DFM and Lean principles
• Trialling, signing off and accepting pre-production models
• Working with sub-contractors for new and existing products and ensuring effective communication in order to avoid errors
• Liaising with the Engineering department to ensure there is transparency and cooperation between Operations and Engineering
• Being commercially aware in the manufacturing industry to keep up to date with anything new
• Attending training courses and conferences – strive to continue professional development
Skills and Experience:
• Strong experience within a Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering background
• Hydraulic and electrical system design experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft project, word and excel experience
• Able to write reports confidently and efficiently
• Excellent organisational and communication skills are a must
• Relevant Engineering or Production qualification/experience
• Lean manufacturing techniques desirable
Hours: Full Time – Mon –Fri – 8:30am – 5:00 pm
Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency for permanent vacancies, in regard to this vacancy. Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; engineering and manufacturing, finance and accountancy, hospitality, information technology, legal and hr, office support and sales and marketing. Our ever expanding network of client companies exceeds 2800 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.