Quality Manager ISO 9001or TS 16949
Quality systems are a key factor within this organisation as their products are used in safety critical applications included within the automotive sector. The position is responsible for managing the quality of all purchased and manufactured components, sub assemblies and finished assemblies both internally and at the supplier. The Quality Manager also ensures that all quality systems and procedures are maintained in line with the company ISO 9001 registration.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement across the organisation
- Identify relevant quality-related training needs.
- Collate and analyse performance data and charts against key indicators.
- Manage the control and review of non-conformance issues for customers and suppliers.
- Continually develop quality awareness and the use of appropriate tools with other managers and staff, particularly in areas such as design, production and purchasing
- Manage the internal/external quality audits, ensure provision of suitable external training and that the audit timetable is maintained and followed.
- Process capability - determine the level of control and review, and lead the creation of proposals for improvement
- Lead investigations and root cause analysis to address quality issues (either supplier, internal) permanently.
- Qualified to either Degree or HNC/HND level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- Significant knowledge of the implementation/maintenance of ISO 9001, QS 9000 or TS 16949
- Proven experience of a lead quality role within an engineering (or similar) environment
- Conversant in Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Hands-on knowledge of PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Corrective Actions, and APQP is required
- Highly motivated with the ability to innovate and solve problems
- Ability to influence people so that they understand the importance of quality and quality systems such that they become "Champions of Quality "in their own right
- An effective communicator both in writing and orally
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work at all levels within the business
- Computer literacy
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Working Hours: 36 hour week, 8.30-5pm Mon-Thurs 8.30am-1.00pm Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.