SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
Our client is an award-winning consulting practice working across a range of sectors including educational, residential and commercial for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our busy and expanding team in Guildford.
Your new role with Thomasons
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who can demonstrate a suitable level of experience in below ground drainage and road / pavement design. As a Senior Engineer, you will be capable of working with minimal supervision but also able to supervise and support junior members of the team. You will be expected to be responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports. You will be a good communicator and able to liaise effectively with clients and other design team members.
Our Senior Engineers are also expected to assist in the preparation of bids and proposals for new schemes together with the project management and financial control of small and medium sized projects.
What you will need to succeed
- A proven track record in highways and drainage works. Able to work autonomously and demonstrate a high level of proficiency and expertise in these core areas
- Ability to use computer modelling packages such as Windes, AutoCAD Civil 3D and PDS
- Experience in the production of specifications and technical reports such as Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies
- Experience in the use of design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets
- Experience in adoptable infrastructure design and the negotiation of Section 104, 106, 38 and 278 Agreements
- Experience in liaising with Local Authorities and other stakeholders to obtain necessary technical approvals and consents
- Experience with leading teams, delegating and supervising work of more junior team members and acting as a mentor
- Experience in liaising with clients, associated professionals and other disciplines team members on all relevant aspects of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Chartered status with a relevant professional body
- Able to assist during construction stage, including site inspection and monitoring
What Thomasons can offer you
Thomasons offer a competitive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.