Dev/Ops Systems Engineering Lead
Human Capital Ventures are proud to be recruiting on behalf of a Global Professional Services Organisation and Leader across multiple industries with over 55,000 employees worldwide and annual revenues in excess of £10 Billion for a Systems Engineering Lead, to coordinate activities across their Dev/Ops Environments, 3rd Party Web Services and Linux/Unix Platforms.
As Systems Engineering Lead, you will be empowered to accomplish goals within approved operating plans and are expected to be able to train, lead and mentor other engineers with the ability to produce and manage a project or team budgets and generally has supervisory responsibility for 3 or more staff.
• Manage Engineering Support staff in areas of standards, projects, level III
support issues, designs and overall IT engineering for infrastructure and technology.
• Generate and maintain company Infrastructure standards and strategy.
• Participate in all architecture decisions for departmental or cross functional company towers
• Creates, manages and maintains departmental policies, process and procedures relating to standards, projects and cross functional interoperability
• Effectively understand & communicate strategic and global initiatives and infrastructure
• Maintains and improves on operational excellence in areas of support, design and finance
• Creates, manages and maintains project and department budgets
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and practices
• Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent is desired; Master’s degree preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Dev/Ops Technologies (Chef/Puppet), Linux/Unix Engineering (Inc Docker & Container Technology) and direct experience in the design, implementation, and support of these technologies in the large-scale, multinational enterprise, including a majority of the following:
oRHEL 5.X and above
o Docker Containers and related technologies such as container orchestration and management tools
o Experience with current DevOps tools and methodologies (Chef/Puppet)
o Knowledge of cloud technologies and platforms (e.g OpenStack, vRealize Automation)
o Knowledge of cloud providers including AWS and Azure
oSolaris 9 and above
o Experience with BigData platforms (e.g. Hadoop)
o Knowledge of PHP scripting & MySQL
o Oracle DB installations and troubleshooting on UNIX
o VMware 5.x and above
o Oracle RAC
ox86 Blade and rack mount servers
o Knowledge and experience with scripting languages. PERL, bash/kshetc
o Possess understanding of foundational technology elements including:
? Networking, including understanding of DNS, routing,
? Experience designing and supporting clustered environments
Basic understanding of Storage technologies (capacity, IOPS planning)
? Complex network configurations including VLAN tagging & link aggregation.
? Strong communications skills and experience with all levels of technical documentation including:
o Architecture diagrams
o Data flow diagrams
o Process flow diagrams
o Knowledge document creation/maintenance
• Disaster recovery experie