Room Leader (Nursery - Pre-School)
Our client is looking for an experienced early years practitioner / room leader to join a great team at their vibrant, home-from-home like setting in the Tooting / Mitcham area.
They are looking for a fun, enthusiastic and hard-working professional team player to join their Management team looking after the beautiful pre-school room.
• Supporting and liaising with the management on daily basis, ensuring new decisions are taken on board and maintained in the room at all times
• Attend the room leaders meeting every 2 weeks, taking bullet points/ short notes and ensuring these are filed appropriately in the office as a record of discussions and to aid progress and change
• Support and monitor the statutory framework and curriculum in England to ensure each child develops within a stimulating environment
• To implement a wide and varied programme of activities for the children individually and as a group, appropriate to their needs and developmental stage in line with Early Years Foundation Stage framework
• Encourage your nurse practitioner/ student colleagues to input into this programme and support them in suggesting ideas and implementing these where appropriate
• Act as a key person for a group of children as allocated by the management team, ensuring attachment theories are respected
• Have a sound knowledge of all the children in the setting and an excellent knowledge of your key children
• Work in partnership with parents, consulting and sharing information with them about the needs and progress of their children
• Monitor the completion of all the children’s developmental and observation records within your room, including those children for whom you are not a key worker
• Work with management to organise and host parents meetings (minimum of 2 per year), ensuring all relevant record keeping is completed to an exceptional standard to support these meetings
• Motivated, enthusiastic & energetic
• Passionate about childcare
• Minimum Level 3 qualified in childcare
• Experienced in a nursery setting
• Able to display excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Punctual and reliable
• Able to display great interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
This will be a permanent, full time position. You will be working 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday. The hours are 7:30am till 6:30pm on a rota basis.
Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
** All internal staff at Daisy Chain Childcare Recruitment Are Safer Recruitment trained **
Please send Natalie your CV as soon as possible so that she can contact you to discuss this and opportunities available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available!