Financial Controller - ACCA / ACA qualified
2 days left
- Full Time
Purpose of Position
This role is the lead for Financial Accounting services delivered to the EMEA region by the Shared Service Centre, supporting multiple legal entities through standardised and best practice processes, to deliver improved efficiencies through economies of scale, better decision support, and more effective service levels.
To provide mentoring, coaching and leadership to a team of highly motivated, part-qualified accountants and create the talent pipeline for Finance functions, though development of the Competency Framework
To bring strong stakeholder management, including development and implementation of service level agreements (SLA) with internal customers and with any third party service providers to the SSC itself.
Playing a critical role in supporting the business controllers across the region, this position will provide clear risk analysis and Balance Sheet management, ensuring full compliance to local GAAP and government regulations as well as adhering to US GAAP for management reporting
To provide key input and direction to the Strategic growth and development of the Shared Service operating model, constructing business case scenarios to support increased scope of services and/or entities
- Mentor and coach the shared service accounting team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback critical to their personal development and career plan
- Lead the accounting teams in the production of accurate, efficient and timely monthly, reporting including variance analysis/commentaries.
- Control the reporting process and ensure that all results are reported in line with company policies, best practice, tight reporting deadlines and US/local GAAP.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation for local GAAP and US GAAP
- Works closely with all Opco business controllers to ensure all local legal / statutory / VAT & tax reporting deadlines are met, confer on US GAAP accounting issues, and respond to queries and requests for information.
- Collaborate with auditing services, both internal and external, to ensure proper compliance with all regulations, in conjunction with local Opco's.
- Deliver continuous improvement to the Accounting Shared Service Centre - make recommendations to the scope of services provided by the team and successfully implement changes and new entities
- Create a positive work environment that fosters team and individual performance while enhancing accountability, to generate a competent pipeline of talented professionals
- Manage through Fortive Business Systems - drive daily management and implement metrics that ensure OPCO's receive the best service and value from the shared service center at reduced cost and enhanced efficiencies.
- Produce the required management reports to support weekly / monthly meetings, and the provision and reporting of relevant and accurate KPIs
- Other ad-hoc analysis as required
- Reports to the Head of European Shared Services
- Strong working relationship required with the Business Controllers & Regional Managing Directors across the region.
- Supervise the Financial Accountants who manage the balance sheet data and reporting
- Interface closely with each of the External Audit firms and Internal Audit & Compliance teams.
- Comfortably work with all levels of the business (including senior European directors)
- Interface with other Fortive companies as required
Measures of Performance
- Month end deadlines
- Status of reconciliations and swift resolution of differences/reconciling items.
- Timely submission of all corporate reporting in line with timetable.
- Internal Audit Reports
- No Accounting Surprises
Background and Skill
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a EMEA finance environment
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, both European & US GAAP
- Experience of managing teams in high pressure, stretch environment.
- Experience of European VAT reporting & creating financial statements
- Commercial mindset, with proven track record in continuous improvement environment
- Advanced Excel Skills. IT literate good understanding of all MS Office applications
- Good analytical and organizational skills with clear personal development goals and career aspirations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Personal Trait Profile
- Team Player - Builds relationships and does what is right for the team. Work effectively with associates of all levels in the business
- Able to manage workload and priorities to hit tight reporting deadlines
- Willingness to take the time, make the effort and do what it takes with the right tenacity to meet expectations.
- Show strong learning agility and apply a proactive process-improvement mindset
- Be able to provide the bigger picture and verbalise the strategic intent of actions, but nevertheless have a close-eye on the detail, managing their work by fact and not supposition
- Holds themselves accountable for performance and meeting customer requirements
- High Personal Integrity and operates within Fortive's Standards of Conduct