KantarLightspeed | Empowering insights around the world
Accounting & Controlling Manager
A great opportunity for a qualified Accountant with excellent financial and accounting skills looking to join a World leading organisation with excellent career progression opportunities both locally and globally.
The Controlling and Accounting Manager will be responsible for the statutory and fiscal reporting for the Lightspeed Brand, reporting directly to the Brand Controller to ensure local compliance and controls are in place.
Nobody knows consumers better than Kantar. Providing insight and inspiration to help clients flourish in an extraordinary world, we bring together 12 of the world’s leading research, data and insight brands. At the heart of WPP, our global team of 30,000 people in more 100 countries delivers specialist insight, business strategies and consultancy support.
At Lightspeed, our research data illuminates. It provides clarity, reveals information and empowers brands and marketers to make sound decisions. A trusted global partner for digital data collection, our expertise, sampling methodologies and innovative technologies provide a deep understanding of consumer opinions and behaviours.
The Controlling and Accounting Manager reports to the Brand Controller for Lightspeed and have one direct report to assist in the day to day responsibilities
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Mentoring and guiding the Controlling and Support Analyst
• Review month end work submitted by the outsourced partner
• Monitor and report SOX compliance
• Facilitate quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting
• Review all account reconciliations and bank reconciliations
• Support the Brand Controller to manage interactions with auditors and oversee audit compliance activities
• Manage roll-out of new controls and policies within the finance team and wider business
• Manage staff cost and headcount analysis
• Assist the Brand Controller and the Business Partner to review working capital/ cash management position
• Oversee posting of judgemental period-end accruals and adjustments and ensure compliance with policy and accepted accounting standards including liaison with the Finance Business Partners or other business stakeholders on these where applicable
• Chase accrued revenue in conjunction with Business Partners
• ACCA or ACA qualification
• Demonstrable expertise in financial and accounting management
• Experience working with regulatory bodies and managing statutory and regulatory compliance
• Strong Excel skills
• Previous experience working on project based work would be advantageous
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. To apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary, please send your CV