Our client, a leading South West construction company specialising in new builds, conversions and refurbishments, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Site Manager to join their team, offering a salary of up to £35,000 per annum (depending on experience).
Due to significant growth and increased demands within our client’s business, they are looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager in the Bristol area to join the rapidly growing team. Capable of running projects between £1m-£5m, the ideal applicant will specialise in either the residential new build (2-40 units) or commercial areas (typically care homes, doctor’s surgeries, nurseries or offices).
Working within a 30 mile radius of Bristol and reporting into the Contracts Manager, the Site Manager will work as part of a wider team including close liaison with the project Quantity Surveyor, Buyer and approved subcontractors.
The ultimate purpose of the Site Manager is to deliver the project to the satisfaction of the Client team, maintaining a good reputation and long term relationships, and endeavouring to make a profit.
Key Responsibilities of the Site Manager
- To ensure the project in a safe and expedient manner, in compliance with the reasonable instructions received from the client team whilst fully protecting the interest of our client
- Ensure that all orders are placed and arranged for delivery in good time, chasing and reminding as necessary and checking the works are being constructed to meet the instructed requirements
- Liaise with the team to identify the support required for buying labour, plant and materials as necessary
- Prepare written progress reports for weekly internal progress meetings plus external client/design meetings to suit the agreed site specific arrangements. Support in producing some of the reports will be provided by our client’s office staff by arrangement
- Maintain a detailed and accurate daily diary of events using our client’s form, including listing all additional works, delays, late information and issues affecting the works, and accurately recording the nature, extent and location of works undertaken every day
- The Site Manager is solely responsible for the safety of all personnel on site; ensuring all RAMS are agreed and signed with a paper copy on site before those works commence. Updates are provided as necessary to suit any changes in circumstances. BSG and our client are always available to provide support and guidance whenever the Site Manager requests it.
- Manage the site personnel and those involved in the project to maintain good moral, team spirit and cooperation
- Complete the works in the most economic manner possible, minimising waste and abortive costs, standing time etc. whilst completing the works safely and in accordance with the project requirements.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.