1 day left
- Full Time
This is an excellent opportunity for a Scheduler to join our dynamic offices based in Durrington on a permanent basis.
This role offers an attractive package with an offered salary of up to £22,000 as well as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension, health care and lifestyle benefits.
As a Scheduler your main role will involve creating and managing work schedules by deciding how to order both planned & reactive work. You will need to influence what resources are needed in order to achieve optimum field resource productivity and adherence to service level agreements.
You will be accountable for-
* Scheduling of reactive & planned work during core business hours, ensuring jobs are dispatched in a prioritised manner, and relevant contractors/operational teams are utilised efficiently
* Regular communication with District Managers/Field Performance Managers to review area performance
* Flexible approach to scheduling and reacting to emergency situations, to prevent customer and compliance issues.
* Monitor and manage field team whereabouts to ensure adherence to schedule
* Support and assist the Controller during both normal operations and disruptive events, to deliver the optimum service that meets the needs of the business and our customers.
* To set customer expectations by keeping customers informed of the progress of their enquiry via telephone contact
* To accurately record all information necessary to resolve open work orders, incidents, issues or customer complaints to enable trend and management information.
In order to be successful in this role you will need-
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
* * Ability to interpret management information from strategic tools and systems (SAP, Ellipse, C-Track, CSMS)
* To be able to gain competency in the use of SAP Scheduling, Ellipse, CSMS and GIS systems
* PC literate in Office applications
* Understanding of company levels of service and associated impacts including customer, pollution, water disruption, sewerage and leakage.
You will also need (5 GCSEs or equivalent)
Our engineers, scientists, technicians, customer and corporate service teams work together to provide water and wastewater services to more than 4.6 million people across the South East. Working for us, you will:
- Play a vital role in your community
- Help to safeguard our natural resources for future generations
- Live and work in a region that includes more than 800km of pristine coastline
- Receive 25 days annual leave
- Benefit from a programme of formal training
- Have access to free on-site parking and use of our subsidised café
- Have the opportunity to join in with our social clubs / events
- Be close to local amenities (gym and supermarket)
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application/CV/covering letter that you have informed your Line Manager or People Service Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and, therefore, does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.