Service Desk Analyst (10171)
- Full Time
Our client, an IT organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne, is looking for a Level 1 Service Desk Analyst and a Level 2 Service Desk Analyst to join their team.
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the IT Service Desk is to provide IT support ranging from first line support through to more complex issues, achieving first time fix where possible.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Central point of contact between customers and IT Services.
- Management of Incidents and Service Requests.
- Receive and record all calls from customers.
- Provide initial assessment of all Incidents, attempt first time resolution, and /or escalation.
- Monitor and escalate Tickets according to the customer’s SLA.
- Keep users informed on status and progress of their Tickets.
- Produce Management Reports.
- Aid customer retention and satisfaction.
- Complete additional tasks as defined by the Service Desk Management.
- Deputise for Service Desk Team Leader as and when required. (Level 2 only)
- Main SDA for Management of Major Incidents (MI) in and out of hours. (Level 2 only)
- Daily out of hours’ summary report. (Level 2 only)
- Customer Lead (Customer Specialist) ensure that documentation is updated, processes are reviewed / customer site visits maybe required.
- Main point of contact out of hours. (Level 2 only)
- Management of staff utilisation / tasks out of hours. (Level 2 only)
- Mentoring Juniors.
- Work within other departments as and when required including ad hoc project work.
- Assisting with the Problem Management Process.
Skills & Experience:
- Analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills.
- Understanding of ITIL principles and detailed knowledge of internal processes.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of key customer contracts and SLAs.
- Extensive experience gained within a Service Desk environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems / Server.
- Good working knowledge of Network Infrastructure and System Components.
- Knowledge and understanding of key customer infrastructures.
- Able to use own initiative to troubleshoot and find solutions to technical issues.
- CompTIA A+ (Desirable).
- CompTIA N+ (Desirable).
- Microsoft Server (Desirable).
Training and support is constantly provided by this organisation to gain the above skills.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, click "apply" and one of our consultants will be in touch to tell you more about the role and the company.
Please note: Our client is looking for both a Level 1 and Level 2 candidate, the differences will be explained by one of our consultants and we can decipher which is most suitable to your skills and experience.