Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - Stonework & Restoration
Title: Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Division: Stonework's & Restoration
Work Location: South East London & Surrounding areas
Basic salary: £40k-£60k (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Travel Allowance, Pension, Mobile Phone
Start Date: Immediate
London based Stonework & Restoration contractor founded over 20 years ago with a turnover in excess of £25m. My client is one of the country's largest and longest established companies in the heritage sector, specialising in historic façades, monuments and other important structures. They are currently looking for an experienced Intermediate Quantity Surveyor in and around the London area.
About the Role:
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Price and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Project values range from £100k - £1 million
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Site measures to be undertaken at least once a month and detail recorded on site measure sheets.
- Able to work well within a team based environment.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and provide accurate formal reports in accordance with
- Discuss plan with Subcontractors to talk about material budgets and qualifications
- Follow process and procedures
- Liaise with project co-ordinator to oversee re: drawing registers etc. - set up files, variation document and finalise budgets with buyer for pricing
- Client Management / Progress / Quality - ensure on target
- Change Management / Progress / Scope
About the Candidate:
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales
- 2 years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Must be able to Estimate
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities. Priorities and organise, taking a methodical approach
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a high standard of personal performance
- Flexible and reliable
- Ability to use own initiative
- Present information clearly, concisely and professionally
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels of seniority from the workface through to Senior Management level
- Can do' attitude to work
- Must be able to cover London & the South East
Points of Appeal:
- Varied opportunities to get involved in projects
- Development Opportunities
- Friendly Office Environment
- Great Salary Package
- Team work
- Focus on Quality Results
- Access to senior level