3 days left
- Full Time
This nationally known retail & distribution business in Birmingham is looking to appoint an ambitious Commercial Financial Controller to take ownership for multi-site commercial finance operations in the UK and across Europe.
This role will see you providing valuable support to the commercial team for the business, offering insight and analysis to influence, steer and improve business performance in a meaningful way - helping to drive decisions at a strategic level. You will also provide accurate, timely and regular reporting on commercial performance for the board report, whilst initiating and monitoring activities to continually improve margin. You will also be responsible for leading the process for redesigning the reporting framework to further improve the quality of commercial information for the operations teams during a period of growth for the business. Offering unique commercial exposure in a fast-paced environment, this role will also provide a tangible career path towards a more business-partnering & strategic senior position with this successful and growing business.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with notable and demonstrable post-qualified experience in a similar commercial finance role
- Have extensive experience of providing insightful financial support of a commercial nature to non-finance people
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through commercial awareness, cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
- Be able to give examples that demonstrate tangible initiative, ambition and drive in a fast-paced environment
- Have a strong academic background, coupled with a confident and assured communication style
In return, you will:
- Work in a senior capacity for a business, enjoying complete autonomy in your role
- Be encouraged to exercise your commercial business acumen in terms of increasing margins and profitability
- Have the opportunity of working towards a senior strategic role with this business (within 2 years)
- Receive market-leading benefits including car allowance and up to 20% bonus
This commercially-focussed senior finance role is a great position for a talented qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment that will reward this type of success with clear and genuine progression opportunities.