Cleaning Team Supervisor
1 day left
- Full Time
Our clients a local secondary School are looking for a reliable, adaptable Cleaning Team Supervisor required to work 3pm-7pm (20 Hours )39 weeks.
You should have expereince of cleaning an staff supervision, have basic computer skills, having the ability to converse at ease with member of public and provide advice.
Under the direction/instruction of senior staff lead the cleaning team to provide a
clean and hygienic school environment which meets specified cleaning standards.
- Supervise direct-assigned staff, documenting any issues and reporting these to the Facilities Manager
- Monitor cleaners’ hours (including overtime), complete clock cards and the register. Report overtime/deductions to Payroll in time for pay processing deadlines
- Record all sickness/appointments, issuing Self Certification forms when required
- Carry out Return to Work interviews for short term absences and assist/advise management in the case of long term absences
- Organise sickness cover accordingly
- Develop best practice working methods and health & safety awareness
- Organise cleaning routines to comply with specified standards
- Demonstrate to, and assist others in, safe and effective use of specialist
- Assist in the recruitment, training and development of cleaning staff as required, to include COSHH etc
- Using email, Word and spreadsheets to record and report information.
- Clean floors, walls, partitions and internal woodwork as appropriate
- Clean toilets, changing rooms and other sanitary areas
- Clean equipment after use
- Undertake special cleaning programmes during school closure or other designated periods in compliance with the specification for the premises
- Collect and dispose of waste in appropriate manner
- Clean and maintain waste bins
- To monitor and manage supplies within an agreed budget
- To be responsible, in conjunction with the Facilities Manager, for the administration and control of appropriate areas of the budget
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly working environment
- Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment/resources/materials as set
- out in instructions
- Monitor and manage stock and supplies, cataloguing as required
- Refill and replace consumables
- Report faulty equipment and other maintenance requirements to appropriate person
- Maintain the security of school premises by securing entrances/exits as appropriate and report potential security breaches
- Ensure lights and other equipment are switched off as appropriate
- To comply with all health and safety requirements and procedures at all times, relating to the role, students and staff within the school.
- To attend Cleaning Staff meetings and to refer regularly to staff notices.
- To promote the aims of the school and support the promotion of the school in the community.
- To undertake any other tasks as required by the Headteacher which are compatible with these.
This job description gives an outline of the responsibilities of the post and is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.