My client, an expanding and innovative family owned business based in Maidstone, is looking to recruit a Company Accountant. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers aimed at achieving growth of the company
- Manage month-end, closing ledgers and ensuring/checking accuracy of data, balance sheet reconciliations, including maintaining schedules for prepayments
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts (comprising full profit & loss account, balance sheet and cash flow), including variance reports and commentary
- Preparation and management of year-end statutory accounts and leading the audit process
- Managing the VAT reconciliations and returns
- Preparation of detailed budgets, financial forecasts and report variances, and cashflow
- Analysing and commentary of monthly management accounts and investigation of variances
- Management reporting on profitability, sales, stock and factory performance on a monthly and weekly basis
- Producing and reporting on annual budget and cash flow for the business, including salaries and HMRC payments
- Reviewing operational KPIs
- Providing product costings for all existing/on-going products and new products/tenders
- Running payroll
The successful candidate will be pro active, adaptable and possess excellent communication skills. Previous manufacturing experience would be beneficial.
Unfortunately due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.