Business Development Trainee
B&S Group currently has an exciting opportunity in our London office for an ambitious Business Development Trainee
B & S Group is a privately-owned pharma company which manufactures & distributes pharmaceutical and healthcare products to the UK market.
Established in 1999 B&S offers a wide range of products which includes branded medicines, specials, generic drugs, parallel trade and OTC medicines. With two acquisitions since 2010, we continue to strengthen and grow rapidly.
"A Jan-17 Pharmatimes publication ranks B&S, 17th in the list of 50 fastest growing pharma companies in UK"
Due to the ever-expanding Portfolio of Products and new Pipeline, we are looking for a Business Development Trainee. This is not a typical trainee role -working closely with the 'Vice President Business Development and Portfolio Planning’ you’ll work across a broad range of alliance management and commercial projects
- Support the Department Head in the management of current and anticipated alliances with key partners including NHS Key Opinion Leaders, NHS CCGs, Hospitals, Contract manufacturing organizations, Key business partners across different countries etc
- Assist in arranging contacts (Emails, Telecons, Visits etc), communications, develop agendas, manage partner meetings and document key discussion points and decisions
- Analyse the business impact of the NHS interactions -Understand commercial elements in discussions, clearly and concisely communicate issues and resolutions to the various internal and partner stakeholders
- Work closely with internal stakeholder functions, including but not limited to Production, Quality, R&D, Regulatory and commercial if required
- Sales and Market Analysis
The ideal candidate:
- excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- attention to detail and a highly methodical approach
- high computer literacy with advanced MS Office skills i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, plus a willingness to learn new systems
- a self-starter & a flexible and willing team worker
- Ability to work and communicate with partners globally
- Excellent coordination skills and ability to work across boundaries
- Ability to work cooperatively to support colleagues
- Ability to cope with ever-increasing changes whilst maintaining a calm & professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task without compromising quality of work
- Discretion and diplomacy and an ability to handle confidential information
- Life sciences degree is preferred
- Some experience in an administrative capacity is desirable