Live-in House/Building Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Title: Live-in House/Building Manager
Salary: £32-38k per annum
Department: Residential Management
Reports to: Property Manager and Regional Manager
Summary: To provide customer focused and comprehensive building management services to the residents. To work with the Property Manager and Regional Manager to ensure cost effective and efficient day to day management of the development. This will also be a 'Live-in' role - you be given a 2 bedroom apartment to live onsite.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ensure all common areas - internal and external - are regularly inspected and kept clean, tidy and in good repair at all times.
* Inspect building daily to identify any maintenance issues and ensure that the Health & Safety of residents is not compromised.
*Develop a good working knowledge of the building services, facilities and installations.
* Arrange and monitor the appropriate service and maintenance contracts for all building services, facilities and installations.
* Obtain competitive quotations for contracts and works as required
* Carry out basic maintenance works where appropriate e.g.: changing light bulbs, spot cleaning etc.
* Liaise with Property Manager on more complicated repair and maintenance issues
* The House manager is responsible for ensuring that all staff employed at the property, carry out their duties in the correct manner. This will include 2 x Day shift staff and 2 x Night shift staff.
* The House Manager will ensure that any staff absence or leave is covered with existing staff.
* Liaise with external contractors and, where appropriate, issue permits to work and Health & Safety notices.
* Inspect and sign off all maintenance works by external contractors.
* Run routine tests of fire, emergency lighting, security and other installations as may be appropriate.
* Monitor and maintain access control systems to include programming and issuing of key fobs (where appropriate).
* Ensure correct signage is displayed throughout the building and any notice boards are kept up to date.
* Take meter readings for landlord utilities supplies.
* Demonstrate financial control and manage the building within the budget parameters.
* Seek approval for any expenditure above agreed spending limits.
Residential Management Group
* Keep accurate log for all activity to include any residents' complaints.
*Comply with all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
*Attend Residents Meetings with staff as required.
*Risk Management: Thorough knowledge of the risks associated with the work of the area under management and responsible for the exercise of effective control through the monitoring of Key Risk Indicators.
*Able to identify new risks emerging and responsible for staff awareness of risks and the mechanism for reporting new risks and/or incidents which could bring detriment to the business, members of staff or to customers.
*Excellent customer service skills, able to show empathy, be attentive, act responsibly and a good problem solver.
*Confident in area of responsibility enabling a firm but polite approach.
*Well organised, able to prioritise, self motivated - able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
*Attention to detail
*Commercial awareness - managing within budget parameters
Key Performance Indicators:
1.Customer Service / Resident feedback
2.Building Quality control
3.Effective budgetary control
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.