My client, a UK PLC, is seeking a diligent and experienced Financial Controller to be a vital part of the smooth running of their Shared Service Centre (SSC). The company have been implementing the SSC model to a high level of success over the past few years, and are looking to develop the efficiency and profitability of it going forward. The successful candidate will:
• Report into the Director of Finance and form part of the senior leadership team
• Work closely with the FP&A Manager to ensure a seamless link between the Accounting, O2C and P2P functions and Reporting, Budgeting and Planning functions
• Lead the financial control and accounting environment, ensuring that Internal Audit guidelines are followed
• Work closely with the off shore service teams to ensure that quality balance sheet reconciliations are maintained and that risks and opportunities are highlighted and managed
• Hold responsibility for leading a central team of people ensuring they are motivated and offered opportunity for growth and development
• Other Ad Hoc duties as required
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with extensive knowledge of the inner workings of a SSC. They will be technically excellent and ideally from a PLC background. The successful applicant will receive a basic salary of circa £87.5k plus a generous package on top.