Assistant Risk Manager
Assistant Risk Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Customer Risk Professional / Assistant Manager to join a leading financial services business on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will support Policy & Compliance Managers in the development and on-going management of the Customer Division's approach to control testing in line with best practice and the Bank's risk appetite statements and policies. Providing analysis and reports, highlighting risks and controls associated with key processes and procedures.
Producing monthly reports to support the Policy & Compliance Managers, incorporating reviews risk events, incidents and issues from across the division.
- Ensuring that risk reporting within the Customer Division is accurate and calibrated, highlighting risks which are inaccurately scored based upon risk events, issues and incidents reported
- Producing monthly risk reporting for the Customer Divisional Risk Committees ensuring a consistent approach aligned to requirements of the EWRMF
- Reviewing Customer risk reporting, highlighting inconsistencies, overdue actions and issues
- Working with business areas to understand actions required to gain closure of risk events and issues and updating reporting systems accordingly
- Reviewing risk events and incidents, identifying issues, and local and divisional trends
- Working with colleagues from across the division to understand root cause of risk events, incidents and issues and, where appropriate, working with them to develop remedial action plans, tracking actions through to closure and reporting on status
- Providing technical support and assistance to Customer Colleagues on risk management and reporting
- Liaising with risk colleagues from across the three lines of defence to ensure the Customer division utilises a consistent, best practice approach
- Supporting the deployment of the framework for partners and suppliers ensuring governance is measured in line with the risk management process, policy and risk appetite
The successful candidate will possess experience working within a similar role within financial services and ideally have an understanding of retail banking products and services.
- Understanding of regulatory policy requirements
- Experience of completing financial services regulatory assurance reviews, sampling and testing
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written communication - business reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage own work load and work effectively under pressure
- Looks for new ideas/opportunities to help make improvements
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Customer focused
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business during an exciting period of growth / change.
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Chris Halliday on to discuss in confidence