Graduate Web/ Graphic Designer
Graduate Web / Graphic Designer
£17,000 - £20,000 DOE
Come work with us!
Our client are a small Broadstairs based team of enthusiastic and hardworking geeks.
They love what they do and they like where they work and hope that you will too. Currently the business is growing and we would love a graduate designer to jump on board and take care of the design part of their process.
What work do they do?
The majority of their work is web design but they do have a steady stream of new and repeat branding work.
- Web design
- Website lead capture
- Website marketing
- Company branding
- Email marketing
Who are we looking for?
They are looking primarily for a web designer who wants to get in to the industry and has some good examples of responsive web design.
You don’t have to code if you don’t want to or can’t!
You will be required to produce some branding material such as logo design, brochures and stationery. Some of these areas can be developed over time but an understanding of the print process and the difference in resolutions is important.
You must also be a bit of a geek like us. You will need to show enthusiasm for your work and be confident in developing your skills and taking on challenging projects from clients who are rubbish at providing content.
You will also be required to have excellent time keeping skills and be well organised to meet project deadlines.
You will need to be able to work both independently and collaboratively, with the ability to listen and contribute to project ideas and the passion to develop and grow within the business.
Developing you to be even greater
They love to develop our staff and let them take responsibility for their work and make judgment calls which leads to a satisfied team member and a feeling that you are part of them.
As a Graduate Web / Graphic Designer you MUST have:
- Design experience in both web and graphic design
- Flare for responsive web design
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Portfolio to demonstrate skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Independent worker
- The ability to collaborate effectively with a team
- Great listener and to-do lister
Desired but not essential:
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of WordPress
Tasks – web design
- Wire framing web site layouts in InDesign from content plans and scopes
- Web design from existing wireframes using InDesign
- Web design asset production in Photoshop
- Social media post / advert imagery
Become part of something that wants you
As you can probably tell here at our client they have a sense of humour. I am the owner Chris and currently do all the design work. I would love to help you get into this industry as its fun, creative and is a nice place to work.
These are some of the ways you will be looked after:
- Dulco gusto coffee machine to energise you
- Supplied snacks drawers to keep you fed
- Hourly short breaks keeping you spritely
- Christmas bonus to say thankyou
- Christmas meal and half day holiday for a Canterbury jaunt
- 8:15 – 16:30 working day
- Early finish on Fridays @ 15:15
- Dress down Fridays
- Branded work shirts supplied
- Structured reviews and pay increases
If you feel you have the skills for their Graduate Web / Graphic Designer position, please apply now!