Air Conditioning Engineer
My client are a FTSE 250 business providing facilities, property and asset management for some of the biggest public and private sector businesses. They have revenues in excess of £1.8bn and a reputation for being the best in their business.
They are currently looking to recruit an Air Conditioning Engineer responsible for reactive maintenance of cooling systems at telecom infrastructure sites across the Central Belt.
- To undertake reactive maintenance and air conditioning repairs as required
- To undertake minor new works and complete required certification as necessary
- To carry out diagnostic and fault finding
- Pipe brazing, replacing fans
- To be proactive when on site
- To be willing to undertake other duties inline with contract deliverables (eg. minor electrics, fabric repairs)
- Procure materials and equipment to carry out works through the Supervisor or Manager
- Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours with additional remuneration
- Refrigeration or Air Conditioning Specific Qualification (Not being F-Gas) such as the following:
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Air Conditioning and Small Refrigeration
- City & Guilds Refrigeration and Air-conditioning (7189) Level 2 or 3
- City & Guilds Refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems (6090) Level 3 only.
- F-Gas Category 1 (City & Guilds 2079, was 2078 Safe Handling of Refrigerants)
- Time served in an Air Con specific service role (not installation), preferably 5 years minimum
- A can do, flexible approach
- Experience with Packaged or Air handling equipment preferable, as well as split type systems
- Experience working on commercial equipment, not domestic Installers