Proposal Team Leader - (Funding Team)
4 days left
- Full Time
Appointment of Proposal Team Leader
Salary Range: circa 25k
Hours worked: (9am - 5pm)
Location: Head Office - Birkenhead
Start Date: July / August 2017
Reporting To: Head of Funding
The Directors of T4C invite applications for the Proposal Team Leader post to enhance T4C’s Funding Proposal Team.
The grants and funding arena is vast, with billions of pounds spread across thousands of funding pots. Not every fund is available to every business and that is why we are here to help companies navigate to the fund that is right for them. Funding comes from a range of sources, including high-level European Support, down to individual philanthropists looking to support very specific subjects, and everything in between!
The biggest problem that business’s face is that these opportunities are not widely communicated and the scope or offering is often not easy to understand. That’s where we come in! By having a good understanding of business and a business’s future plans, we can help align the relevant funding to business growth activities.
Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified candidates with the appropriate skills, vision and desire to work in a fast paced environment, where expectations are high and there is a strong focus on rapid and sustainable growth.
The Proposal Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Leading, managing and developing the existing grant funding team within T4C UK.
- Improving the conversion rate access to funding
- Improving the processes and procedures within the team.
- Improving on the current successes
- Creating a customer driven ethos, managing and exceeding customer expectations
- To be responsible for the efficient running of the team and delegation of tasks to designated staff / teams as appropriate
- Updating progress reports and reporting to the Directors
- Researching and understand potential bids/grants
- Researching business industry and business sector
- Account Management - liaising with clients, building a relationship to understand their business needs.
- Liaising with grant funders and external organisations.
- Collecting and interpreting business data and financial information.
- Researching bid rules and being aware of these throughout the application process
- Presenting technical and financial information in easy to understand ways
- Writing, editing and reviewing applications.
- Keeping accurate records and saving material to our CRM and bid library
- Submitting bids and developing a knowledge of conversion rates and how to improve these
- Build and create a culture where the customer experience is the basis of all efforts
Essential Role Requirements:
- Excellent research and project management skills
- Team leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to act professionally at all times
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent organisational, time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge and experience using the MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Be keen to work in an office environment and be a part of a busy team
- Experience gained in managing and writing funding proposals
- Experience gained in across multiple sectors as a bid writer
- 5GCSE’s including English and Maths
- Degree holder or substantial relevant experience
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive;
- A competitive salary
- A bespoke CPD plan
- 21 days’ annual leave per year accruing to 25 days after time served (plus bank holidays)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- New benefits being introduced
T4C is a company with a reputation for hiring and training people to achieve their potential. They believe passion and a willingness to learn and work hard is the recipe for successful career progression.
If you feel you have the right attributes for this role and you have the drive and ambition to excel within the T4C please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the role being (no more than 500 words),
Closing date for applications in 5pm on the 4th August
Interviews will take place either the 16th or 17th August candidates for interview will be advised w/c 7th August