Marketing Category Manager - Telecoms Brand
Am exciting opportunity with one the most recognisable national telecoms provider. Full ownership in a new role looking after all of the marketing, media and PR spend.
My client is one of the most recognisable telecom brands in the UK, who is challenging the established brands and making great roads.
The ethos of the client is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. They believe every customer matters and offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
The Marketing Category Manager will build and enhance successful partnerships with our suppliers. They will be the face of my client to our external relationships at a senior level and will act as the primary point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsibility for a category of spend and developing a strategy to support the overall business initiatives that provides a platform for continuous cost reduction and improved supplier performance.
- Ensure the commercial and contractual relationships and frameworks are created and adhered to.
- Focus the sourcing activities on the areas of most value to the business in terms of spend, risk and service provision.
- Own and implement an agreed purchasing strategy, developing, extending and changing it as necessary.
- Manage Stakeholder relations to influence spend synergies.
- Make recommendations for new initiatives and concepts.
- Manage the commercial aspects of the relationship within the category with suppliers and define the supplier KPIs and SLA's for contract development.
- Work with stakeholders on their forecasted projects for future buying requirements.
- Communicate with stakeholders and management to ensure that the Purchasing strategy, approach and process for category is understood, agreed and complied with.
- Ensure agreed savings targets are delivered and customer satisfaction requirements are met.
- Participate in and support supplier event roadmap
- Production of Procurement reports
The successful candidate will be the following:-
- Solid procurement experience
- Experience building successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders on all levels
- An influencer with skill in internal and external negotiations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Commercial understanding and the ability to manage complex contracts
- Negotiation, leadership and decision-making skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player who contributes to a positive team dynamic
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business in a new role. On offer is a strong salary with an excellent package, as well as a real opportunity to take ownership of your own career and progress at a quick rate.