Lift Engineer's Mate/Trainee
- Full Time
My client, specialising in lift maintenance, repairs, breakdowns, across London and the South East, are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join their existing team of engineer’s as an assistant engineer.
The successful individual will;
- Take part in assisting a lead lift engineer with tasks including lift maintenance, repairs and breakdowns throughout a service route in London.
- Receive full training on repairing, servicing & upgrading a range of different lifts.
- Shadow the engineer, performing minor repair tasks when required.
- Take part in a service route, occasionally performing out of hours breakdown cover.
- Be expected to work long days, overtime will be paid but on occasion, this will be required.
The ideal candidate for the lift engineer’s mate will have;
- Previous mechanical or electrical experience/qualifications.
- A good and a positive attitude towards learning.
- An ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
Upon successful completion of the lift engineer mate’s probation period, there is the possibility of the opportunity to complete an NVQ Level 3 in Lift Service and Maintenance, and the chance of working for the company as a fully qualified lift engineer.