Infrastructure Specialist - Networks and Communications
- Full Time
- To provide 3rd Level support for Unified Communications and Network services
- To proactively manage Unified Communications, Data and IT Security services ensuring availability, security, reliability and maintainability
- To identify and drive projects to improve the quality and resilience of the Network, Unified Communications and security services.
- Proactively monitor the UC Environment and identify operational issues as early as possible.
- Resolve UC problems as identified through monitoring or escalated by the ServiceDesk / other IT staff in accordance with agreed procedures, standards and Service Levels and in a way to minimise Business disruption.
- Ensure that all UC software is maintained at levels to best protect the IT Operational service.
- Implement and maintain effective measurement and reporting on the UC services
- Plan and execute preventative maintenance activities to improve operational resilience
- Undertake analysis of service trends and recommend service improvement initiatives / changes.
- Be responsible for UC security vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Provide support to outsource providers in establishing a high level of service to the group.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation as required to help the overall Infrastructure team
- Undertake Security management activities as assigned by the Security & Networks Operations Manager/Group IT Operations Manager
- Proactively respond and support the Security & Network Operations Team in dealing with threats or incident response
- Support day to day network services, monitoring and dealing with operational issues.
- Undertake network management activities as assigned by the Security & Networks Operations Manager/Group IT Operations Manager.
- Assist with preventative network maintenance activities to improve operational performance and resilience.
- Network, UC and Security infrastructure projects
- Plan, manage and undertake projects to deliver new Network, UC and Security infrastructure services such as to meet agreed objectives. Such projects will be under the direction of the Security & Networks Operations Manager (as agreed with the Group IT Operations Manager).
- Manage all assigned projects in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- 3 years of demonstrated Network, UC and Security experience. CCNA preferred.
- Strong experience in the following technologies: Cisco CUCM, Cisco Jabber, SIP, ISDN, Cisco Unity, CMS (Acano), Arc, WebEx cloud.
- Strong experience of Expressway (VCS), TMS, TCS, MCU's, ISDN Gateways, Conductor and integrations with Cisco UC environments.
- Experience in the following technologies beneficial: Cisco Switching/Routing, MPLS, IP, OSFP, QOS, Cisco ACE/GSS, DNS, Bluecoat, Check Point FW/IPS, Cisco ASA, Solarwinds Monitoring, Meraki.
- Strong Support and monitoring background
- Good understanding of technology developments.
- Good project management experience.
- Experience of international IT operations
- Experience of supporting Financial Services business.
- ITIL accreditation beneficial.