IT Support Technican
If you’re looking for a chance to develop your skill set with a market-leading name – this is it. Not only does this position offer the chance to join a fantastic team, but for the right person, there is ample scope for career development.
As an I.T. Support Technician you will be responsible for helping to maintain and support the continuously growing company’s network and I.T. infrastructure. Your role will encompass basic network support, software support, and system backups.
Main Duties of the role:
• Troubleshooting network and server problems
• Setup and fixing equipment: firewalls, routers, switches, servers, PCs (100+) and printers (150+), telecoms
• Monitoring network links, assessing the impact of systems on network performance, investigating reported performance issues.
• Software support – MS Office, Windows, Windows Server, VMWare, VPOP E-mail server, Active Directory
• Security – patching programmes, anti-virus, security scan management, system log file checking
• Systems backups
• Maintaining network inventory
• Assist in producing and keeping up-to-date documentation of I.T. Systems.
You will be either studying for one of or are a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)/Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). Only candidates who can prove they hold one of these certifications or are undertaking one of them will be considered.
• Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
• A passion for I.T. and technology.
• Good problems solving skills.
• A positive hands on approach with the ability to multi task.
• A proven hard work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude.
• A basic knowledge of PC hardware.
• Experience with Microsoft operating systems.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Applications.
• Experience with MS Windows server 2008/2008 R2
• VMWare Experience
• Basic Understanding of TCP/IP networking
• Microsoft Office 2007 / 2010 installation and operating
• SQL Server experience
• Knowledge of Firewalls\Cisco Switches
• CAT5e\6 Patching
• Knowledge of various security standards (PCI DSS)
• Knowledge of various monitoring systems\software
Location: Harlow, Essex
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent Vacancy.