Corporate Tax Senior - Top 20 Firm
A Top 20 accountancy practice located near major links in East London are currently looking for an exceptional Corporate Tax Senior with experience gained in top-tier accountancy practices. They can offer a broad, varied portfolio of work within an environment where excellence is nurtured and progression guaranteed.
This role encompasses both compliance and advisory work. You will assist Managers and Senior Managers with larger compliance cases and maintain your own portfolio of smaller clients. However, you will also assist Managers and Senior Managers with delivery of advisory assignments, with the opportunity to develop a breadth of skills including BEPS, R&D, capital allowances, share schemes, exit planning, remuneration planning, due diligence and M&A.
Compliance work will include:
- Liaising with the client, the audit team and junior tax colleagues to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information;
- Preparing and reviewing tax computations prepared by junior members of the team and ensure files are ready for partner/director review;
- Prepare and review deferred tax (including listed companies, under IFRS, and under FRS102) using Alphatax and producing accounts disclosure including consolidated tax notes
- Preparing draft tax analyses on more complex items such as distribution exemption / overseas PE exemption / transfer pricing / CFCs as part of managing the risk on compliance cases.
- Taking appropriate action to ensure tax payment and filing deadlines are adhered to; and
- Ensuring client queries are responded to proactively and efficiently and further opportunities followed up accordingly.
Advisory work will include:
- Preparation of scoping documents/engagement terms/proposals for work;
- Attending meetings to effectively gather information and making an accurate record of the meeting;
- Preparing draft reports and liaising with the client to ensure follow up queries are dealt with and all information received;
- Assisting in the project management process by keeping internal teams and external clients updated with progress;
- Ensuring the various files are maintained and in line with internal QC guidelines.
- ACA or CTA qualified
- Able to demonstrate broad and strong technical knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience of working as part of a team
- Able to build good client relationships;
- Able to build good relationships with other members of the team and staff from other departments.
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines;
If you are interested in this Corporate Tax Senior role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers