Desk Based Advisor
Desk Based Advisor
Croydon - £35,000 - £40,000 OTE £60,000
Financial Planners are committed, driven, organised advisers who are able to manage large numbers of cases. They suit working in a team environment, writing business in accordance with processes laid down by my client.
Although the focus will be mainly on pension transfers and 'at retirement planning’, Desk based Wealth Management Consultants can advise on all areas of financial planning.
Wealth Management Consultants will have an in depth knowledge of retirement products including;
• Occupational Pension Schemes (DB, DC, SSAS)
• Group Personal Pension, Stakeholder and Individual Pension Plans
• Pension income options (annuity, asset backed, income drawdown)
In addition they will have knowledge and be able to spot opportunities in the following areas:
• Business and personal protection
• Investments e.g. Bonds, OEICs, Unit Trusts, ISA, EIS and VCT
• Estate planning
Desk based Wealth Management Consultants are expected to introduce business to other specialists within the team where appropriate.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Be organised and proficient in managing a large number of cases.
• Make primarily telephone meetings with identified individuals of Group Schemes to identify financial planning needs.
• Design marketing campaigns to certain section for the client bank.
• Conduct periodic reviews with individual clients as agreed with the client.
• Attend meetings at client’s premises from time to time to demonstrate the services of the Financial Planning Team.
• Generate interest for and introduce other of my client’s specialists to prospects where appropriate both at 1st meetings and subsequently wherever possible.
• Be compliant in all activities in accordance with regulations and standards of my client
• Meet continuing professional development objectives as required by the FCA.
• Meet all KPIs as laid down by my clients.
• Comply with all P&D requirements of my client for the role.
• Maintain appropriate skills and knowledge in order to provide specialist, professional independent financial advice in all relevant business areas.
• Attend prospect corporate and individual prospect meetings.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Organisational skills in handling a large number of cases.
• Delegation to appropriate support staff (Paraplanners and administrators)
• Working well as part of a team.
• Proven track record in Financial Services with an excellent knowledge of all aspects of the corporate and individual pensions, protection and investment markets.
• Minimum of three years advisory experience with exposure to occupational pensions and at retirement highly desirable.
• Good understanding of all aspects of financial planning.
• A high level of fees and commission generated over a number of years (minimum three).
• RDR Level 4 qualification a minimum.
• Chartered status highly desirable including pensions related exams AF3/G60 or equivalent.
• Be professional at all times with prospects, clients
• Capable of competently using MS Office packages including Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
• Organisational skills
• Written skills
• Committed to further self development
• Skills development
• Product knowledge
• Competitor knowledge
• Minimum of 1 observed client meeting every 6 months.
• 100% file checks while still in 3 month probation period.
• Ongoing 10% of files checked.
• 100% of file checks should be 'materially compliant’.
• Continued study until Cii chartered status achieved.
• Attendance at all of my client’s team meetings.
• Attendance at provider sponsored training as relevant to role.
• No more than 85% of business to be Pension transfer related.
• Business persistency minimum 90% (includes Not Taken Up (NTU) policies and Lapsed policies but excludes insurance cases where terms are not offered).