Client Accountant Team Leader - Commercial - London
5 days left
- Full Time
Client Accountant Team Leader - Commercial Real Estate. Our Client is a well-established firm of Chartered Surveyors who have been operating in the UK for over 50 years. Their client base ranges from corporate occupiers to property investors with portfolios mainly across Central London. They are now looking for an experienced Client Accountant to lead and manage a team and join their prestigious commercial property accounting team.
- Ensuring client year end accounts are accurately produced within the required timescale.
- Managing a small team of Client Accountants and ensuring individual and team priorities are set and the workload of the team is managed to meet the required deadlines.
- Managing the daily cash management, bank mandates, electronic banking systems and cheque procedures.
- Ensuring client's bank accounts are checked daily for payments received and updated on relevant software systems
- Responsible for ensuring all rental and service charge arrears are chased as per agreed deadlines to meet relevant KPIs.
- Ensuring statement of account is prepared and submitted to all clients on agreed deadlines.
- Checking accounts to clear payments before cheques are counter-signed and issued.
- Ensuring all service charges are monitored and checked as required before being sent to tenants.
- Ensuring that meetings are arranged with clients and tenants to address queries and concerns in order to maintain positive working relationships.
- Ensuring that all required money movements are analysed and appropriate transactions are made to ensure that required funds are in the correct client bank account at the required time.
- Responsible for client account activity reports are establish and monitored on a pre-agreed reporting basis with clients.
- Preparing quarterly VAT Returns and accurately calculated and logged with HMRC within required timescales.
- Developing positive working relationships with the Property Management (PM) department and any issues related to billing, budgets, expenditure, payments are promptly resolved.
The person MUST have at least 5+ years commercial property / client accounting experience along with sound knowledge of service charge accounts and budgets as well as experience of managing a small team. Strong experience of Excel and a property management system such as QUBE, TRAMPS, Yardi (or similar) is essential. The incumbent must have attention to detail, be organised and be able to prioritise work. This is a good opportunity to work for a long standing firm of Surveyors in the West End.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.