Demand & Supply Planning Manager - FMCG
Applicant must have the initiative to work independently and as a team player in order to drive forward change and improvements to the day to day planning of the account.
The ideal candidate will be required to manage and develop a balanced Demand and Supply plan based on specific customer requirements and be aligned to our clients long term forecasting goals. With the ability to formulate complex and usable demand plans, taking into account all current stock situations, and any internal or external qualitative measures that are available.
It is essential that the successful candidate is able to demonstrate experience both with Demand Plan creation, as well as an ability to overlay Supply Planning principles.
EXAMPLE AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
• Interact with sales, product, and the customer to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Actively engage with Product Management on managing new products, and product phase-outs, taking into account strategic and integrated wider business planning.
• Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with Sales Operations and Account Managers to ensure dissemination of relevant information to and from the wider planning functions of the business.
• Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning processes.
• Report weekly to stakeholders with key forecasting and stock updates.
• Create and maintain forecasting scorecard for meaningful discussions with customers.
• Working with logistics based in Hong Kong to ensure that demand is met within agreed KPI’s with the customers.
• Actively engage with peers to improve processes and methodologies.
• Preferred - Tertiary Institution or APICs qualified in Business or Supply Chain Management
• Experience in a planning environment
• Demonstrable experience in the faculty of Demand Planning
• Demonstrable experience or advanced academic knowledge of supply planning concepts
• Fluency in English
• Attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a strict rhythm
• Demonstrated Analytical Skills
• Demonstrated ability and understanding of WOS management
• Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and operations
• Operational Process Mapping, Analysis and Improvement Skills
• Advanced abilities in Microsoft Office particularly Excel
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Understanding of S&OP process and importance to SCM
• Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management
• Ability to influence and deliver proposals to customers.