Head Of Care
Head of Care
RGN or RMN Qualified
£49599.96 per annum
My client, a lovely small independent group based in the Cornwall area is currently searching for an experienced nurse manager to join the team at one of their homes in the Penzance area. You will join the team as the Head of Care and will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day running of the home through teamwork and appropriate delegation.
The Deputy Head of Care will work alongside you as well as other key figures in the Senior Management team to support you in offering and delivering first class care at all times. The home caters for around 58 residents suffering from Dementia, Old Age and Physical Disability and has been rated 'Good' by the CQC.
- Maintain the day-to-day running of the home on behalf of the registered provider through teamwork and appropriate delegation.
- Develop an ethos that reflects resident's individual needs that celebrates their individual differences and diversities.
- To ensure the home operates according to its registration status and conditions and complies with all legal requirements.
- Ensure the home is managed and run in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- To promote high quality care and best practices, to ensure the best possible outcomes for the residents.
- To be the Infection Control Lead for the home.
- To develop, implement and maintain systems and structures needed to run the home in the best interests of its residents.
- To be an Ambassador for the home, promoting its services within Professional circles.
- Achieve and strive to exceed occupancy targets as directed and work within key performance indicators and financial budgets set.
- Manage, supervise and support staff within their roles to ensure codes of Practices and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Analyse complex situations that impact on the quality of residents care and develop action plans and risk assessments as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the supervision and mentoring of staff in line with the
- company's appraisal (PDD) system, to ensure they function effectively within their role within the home.
- Demonstrate continual evaluation of practices within the home, making agreed changes.
- Maintain the home to the appropriate standards.
- Address the care and health needs of each resident to make sure they are safeguarded from harm.
- Promote best practice across the whole of the company.
- Act as a role model demonstrating high standards of holistic care and provide clinical leadership and direct care as required within the care home.
- Provide a positive learning environment for all staff. Recognise, encourage and facilitate staff to meet their potential. Act as a facilitator for the personal and professional development of staff.
- Identify your own personal development needs and take appropriate actions to ensure these are met.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
Apply now to take advantage of this opportunity to join a nursing home recognised for its quality of care and a team committed to the comfort of its residents.
Why Apply Through White Recruitment?
White Recruitment is a specialist permanent agency with 9 years of expertise in the recruitment of healthcare professionals. Suitable applicants will be provided with their own consultant who will keep them updated on their applications and relevant opportunities. Our free service offer's candidates a stress-free solution to their job search and our recent survey has shown 95% of candidates would recommend us to friends and colleagues. So apply now - we look forward to hearing from you!If your experience matches please forward your CV immediatelyWhite Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy